Aesthetics. They matter.

Aesthetics. They matter.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Favorite.

Everyone has fashion favorites,
These are mine.

These are my favorite fashion photographs/outfits from where I jank my pictures from ( http://www.hel-looks.com/, http://www.flickr.com/ and http://lookbook.nu/)





I have a sweet spot for this photograph in particular because of this guy's gorgeous cheekbones, scarf and of course the composition. He just seemed so london-ish that he couldn't possibly be from anywhere else. And of course, when I checked his location, I was absolutely right. It is for blokes like him that us American girls flee to the U.K.



To be honest, this guy sort of looks like an ex of mine. That, and I adore his velvet jacket. Not many men can pull off velvet, without looking like they are in some sort of theatre production. This young man manages to not only do that, but seamlessly blend it into a casual ensamble.



This woman is the eptiome of class. She looks so proud of her tatoos, and her gown is stunning. By the way, check out her purse! Its such a cool shape, not your average clutch. I can only hope to be as awesome when I get to be her age.




This is such an adorable twist on the rockabilly style. Rockabilly gear is pretty straight forward and its difficult to get the look unless you go out specifically to purchase from those who cater to wearers of the style. This woman manages to capture the look perfectly without a single piece that would scream rockabilly as a stand-alone. I also particularly enjoy the monotone of her shoes and stockings.



It doesn't matter what this guy is wearing or where in the world he may be. This photo is a perfect example of how confidence carries an outfit. He looks so.... content, with his hands crammed into his pockets like that. Its almost as though you can hear him saying "Yup. This is what I chose to wear today."



Um...ok... I have a secret part deep hidden inside my heart behind Doctor Who and Cheesecake and Leather that is madly in love with Glam Rock. Like estactically, weak kneed, palpitatingly in love with it. I am in favor of anyone trying to revive it. I love the huge hair, tight pants, chunky leather jackets, and the bold sexuality of the whole thing. I think I'll keep this photo forever.



This just makes me laugh. In a respectful, but still hysterical sort of way.
You know how it is.



I am in love with girls who wear lots of bright colors. Particularly powder colors like powder blue, powder purple and powder pink. This is mostly because the rest of the world really doesn't wear those colors unless it is spring or early summer. However I think they look best in winter, when everyone else is weairng black and red and white.



This outfit would be typical indie fare if it wasn't for the subtle mixture of the suspender and thin cotton tank top. With that slight change the outfit goes from tried and used to vintage army inspired. This photograph is a perfect example of how a single acessory can change the entire feel of an outfit.



There is something just so dainty about wearing a circle of braids. It reminds me of Heidi, summer days , and making daisy chains.
lovely.


This photo is property of http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com/ and I really hope he doesnt murder me with a lawsuit because I have it on here. I just couldn't leave it out as it is my favorite photograph of a woman that he has on there.
I just love her little mickey mouse skirt and modest top that (strangely) look really provocative simply due to the way she is standing. The glasses and lipstick look fantsastic together as well.

( Btw: Click the link and visit his site. He is a god among men when it comes to fashion photography and does many of the pictures for the gentleman's magazine GQ)



Isnt this amazing?
Doesn't it remind you a little bit of Lord of the Rings and every Elf related book you've ever read? I've been keeping this picture on my computer for literally months trying to find a post that it could fit into the category of and I simply couldn't.
So here it is, unfettered.


Doesnt she look like Heidi Klum? Yeah, I thought so too. Anyway, This photo is a good example of how if you are gorgeous and have a cool haircut and flawless skin you can pretty much wear anything old thing and look smashing.
The rest of us have to work really hard to look cool.

A round of applause for genetics!




If you have any appreciation of anything click this picture to make it bigger so you can see how rediculously gorgeous she is. This picure is all about color choice. Her hair color perfectly compliments her eye color which perfectly compliments her outfit choice and bold lack of make-up.
Most goths look disasterous, but she is absolutely flawless in her execution of this fashion trend.
My favorite Make-up Tutorials.



Done by the fabulous Pixiwoo: The Marlene Dietrich look. This is actually the first of their videos I watched. They are wonderfully professional and give alot of really good advice. I highly reccomend them and urge you to look through their work and subscribe to their channel.


The Geisha look by Michelle Phan, the youtube makeup goddess. If you ask anyone about makeup on youtube, the first name that comes out of their mouth will be Michelle Phan. Though I am not always in love with the looks she choses, her videos are always the most appealing to watch.


And finally cl2425, the underdog in the makeup giants of youtube. She is really super talented and underrated. Her makeup tips are genuine and she usues alot of affordable makeup. Also, she has this fastastic blog where she tries out products and gives reviews: http://www.cl2425.com/

If you're gonna follow any makeup blog, it should be that one.

Hope you enjoyed my favorites!

love,

kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment