Aesthetics. They matter.

Aesthetics. They matter.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Androgyny.




























I want to be a fashion monster.

Constantly consuming and spewing hedonistic materialism every where, like a disease. I'll wear spike heels and latex and gem sweaters and leather

Try to stop me.


Anyway, a couple of days ago I discovered THE L WORD. yeah, yeah I know I'm like 5 years late on this, but hey. More importantly it was the first time I saw "Shane".

Back in my drag days, I'd heard a couple of girls describe me as Shane-ish, but I never really understood what they were talking about until now, and by george it is one hell of a compliment.

Shane is this slinky, sexy, roll-out-of-bed-looking-like-a-young-Mick-Jagger type of dyke lesbian. Almost like the chick version of Tony Stonem from Skins.

They are rare and few inbetween, those elusive hot dykes, and when you see them... COR! Its a smasher.

I don't even think I qualify.

I mean, I totally used to go for a skinny, broad shouldered look, but I'm only 5'4" with a pair of Double D's, and it just ruins the feel.

I can sort of see..... naw.

I dont know, man, but she is HOT.
Which brings me to the topic of androgyny.
Conclusion: Its lovely.

love,
kayla

6 comments:

  1. You've never watched The L Word?!? That's one of my favorites!
    During my quick butch phase Shane was totally my inspiration, I even had the shane haircut for awhile XD
    And androgyny is wonderful! Definitely not my look though lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is such an awesome concept!

    totally my second favorite chick show next to sex and the city. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever met a girl who didn't love The L Word, regardless of sexuality! Even my hardcore christian friend thinks it's a great show, and she's pretty homophobic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this look! At least for a little while... help?

    ReplyDelete