Aesthetics. They matter.

Aesthetics. They matter.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

This animal's skin is so warm.
















I live in Chicago. Here, it is freaking cold.

When I say cold, I don’t mean oh, casual Midwestern weather 15 degrees “oh its so nippy out” cold, I mean ass biting, face scathing, hell winds of negative 10 degrees cold.

When I was a child, my mother would buy me these puffer coats. You can get them at old navy, they come in various bright colors and are stuffed to the gills with goose down, ect. And I would always feel so intense and large and… unfashionable, while wearing them. But as I was maybe 10-ish, I couldn’t really put a name to the itchy uncomfortable feeling I would get whenever people would look at me.

I now know this feeling to be shameful inadequacy based on the fact that I was wearing what amounted to a windbreaker filled with feathers instead of a $900 mink coat.
Yes.
Even as a child I desired extravagance.

By the way, don’t bring up kids like me. They tend to be expensive and strange acting.
:I

Despite PETA and their vigilance, fur coats are coming back on the scene, something that I am crazy excited about.

I keep having this dream that I have a 60’s style short fur coat and some chunky black platform heels and spotted sheer tights. The dream consists of nothing but me wearing the aforementioned clothes and walking the streets downtown as people “Ooh and Ahh” at the wonder that is my outfit.
Conclusion: WEAR FUR!
Where to get it:
Ebay.
Of course. The prices range between $50-300, but if you wait until furs are out of season, most of them go down to the $20-60 range.

4 comments:

  1. My goal is to get a fur coat for christmas. If anyone throws paint on my coat, I will skin them so that they can replace said coat. What a wonderful trend though, fur is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah! i'm so excited. this summer, i'm going to work two jobs so i can use one of them to pay for my new wardrobe.

    If i find some cheep, but high quality furs, i will send them your way, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fur is DISGUSTING! Please do some research on fur farms before you buy it. Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could want to wear fur after educating themselves on such a horrible industry. Do some googling please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont give a fuck about fur mills. This is a fashion blog not an animal protection blog. Neither do I care about being green. Fashion isnt about being green, or not wearing fur its about art and self expression.

    Maybe one day i'll do a post about the trials and tribulations in the fashion industry, but it will be when i have more readers who will actually care.

    ReplyDelete